Beschreibung Outdoor silo
A few years ago Jansen&Heuning started selling round silos from the Polish manufacturer BIN, and these have developed to be an important part of the range of products Jansen&Heuning has to offer.
The silos can be supplied in a range from 10 up to 1.500 tonnes.
Advantages of round silos
- efficient use of space
- no need for a separate barn
- automatic filling and emptying
- closed storage – no birds can enter, no dust
- always dry floors
- no damage on aeration ducts
- easy to clean
The silos are supplied with a flat perforated bottom. This floor is supported on concrete blocks. As a result, the grain is protected form moisture and pests.
Emptying the silo is done with a central screw conveyor. An automatic sweep auger is standard equipment for the bigger silos.
Different wall heights on request.
Access to the silo
A ladder comes standard with the bigger silos. This ladder is easily accessible and can be closed with a door. Entrance into the silo is provided through the internal ladder or through the manhole in the roof of the silo when it is empty.
Temperature control and aeration
Either a simple or a more complex control system can be supplied to provide optimal conditions for aeration. The control system uses the outside air temperature, the grain temperature and the relative humidity as input parameters. This allows for using outside air for drying the grain, making it possible to store it safely for longer periods.
- Outdoor silo’s 900 tons at Nieuwolda (NL)
- Outdoor silo’s 1400 tons at Meedhuizen (NL)
- Outdoor silo 590 tons at Blijham (NL)
- Outdoor silo’s 450 tons at Meeden (NL)
- Outdoor silo 700 tons at Appingedam (NL)